Make Homemade Easy Beef Stroganoff, it is amazing and so delicious. It’ll be the best homemade beef stroganoff recipe you ever make! So flavorful, so simple.
SERVINGS: 4 SERVINGS
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 pound beef this can be any type you choose (see note)
1 cup onion chopped
1 cup white mushrooms sliced
4 cloves garlic minced
2 teaspoons ground sage
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
3 tablespoons sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
- You can use beef chunks of any kind or ground beef in this recipe.
- The beef chunks will be more tender if you use a nicer cut of meat. I have used beef stew chunks in the past, but they can be tough. Cooking them longer will help. We actually love this recipe with ground beef, just be sure to drain off the excess grease.
- I also love using leftover beef in this recipe. It’s a great way to use leftover steaks, roast, or anything other leftover cut you don’t want to waste. Just omit steps 1 and 2 and start by sautéing the onions.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Brown beef, remove from skillet and set aside. If there is a lot of excess grease, remove it.
- Add the rest of the butter.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms until soft and starting to turn golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- Visit Homemade Easy Beef Stroganoff @ longbournfarm.com for full instructions.