This Low Carb Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup is full of Mexican flavors. This delicious soup has everything that you would need to comfort yourself in winter.
400 grams boneless skinless chicken breast
300 gms plum tomato Fire-roasted
1 medium onion
1 tbsp Minced garlic
1 red bell pepper
1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1.5 tsp chipotle chilli powder
1 tsp paprika (Optional)
1 tspn Mexican Seasoning (optional)
1.5 cups chicken stock
1 cup cream
1/2 Cup Creame Chesse
1 cup cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
Salt to taste
1 tspn butter / oil (optional)
Fresh Cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Caramelizing Onion and Garlic is an optional step. You can directly dump everything into the slow cooker. I prefer to do it because It maximizes the flavor.
- I roasted 4-5 medium tomatoes on the stove top. Chopped with a knife and reserved the juices. You can also substitute with equivalent canned tomatoes.
- If you prefer the soup more water like, then increase the stock quantity.
- Take oil in a pan. Once hot, add minced garlic, followed by onion. Fry till Onion start to brown a little bit.
- Add chicken breast in a pre-heated Slow cooker. Add crushed tomatoes, cooker Onion and garlic mixture, all the spices, and salt.
- Visit Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup @ theflavoursofkitchen.com for full instructions.