Serves: about 10
9 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¾ tsp. cream of tartar
½ cup + 1 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend (or 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar)
¾ cup sifted all-purpose or cake flour
1-2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
½ cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1 cup granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup water
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup lemon juice
1 Tbsp. grated lemon peel
1 cup whipped cream (can whip your own heavy whipping cream or use Cool Whip)
powdered sugar, for topping
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; lightly spray paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Add vanilla and cream of tartar to egg whites. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Fold in flour, about ¼ cup at a time. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes.
- Visit Creamy Lemon Angel Cake Roll @ yummyhealthyeasy.com for full instructions.