Servings: 16 servings
14 tablespoons (1¾ sticks) unsalted butter (look, I said legendary, not light!)
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon bittersweet chocolate disks (I use Guittard)
3 large eggs
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
pinch of Kosher salt
30 caramel squares , unwrapped and in a small bowl
2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 9×9 baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper.
- These brownies are STICKY when they cool, you’ll need help getting them out!
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate, in 30 second increments.
- After two rounds the butter should be melted. Let the bowl sit for 2-3 minutes and the heat will melt the chocolate.
- Stir them together until fully combined and let cool.
- Put the caramels in a microwave safe bowl with the water.
- Microwave for 1 minute, let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Visit Fat Witch Bakery’s Legendary Chocolate Caramel Brownies @ dinnerthendessert.com for full instructions.