Servings: 8 -10
1 package (9 ounces) Thin Mint Cookies*
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons peppermint extract not mint extract
Green food coloring
1 container (8 ounces) cool whip completely thawed
Optional garnish: Whipped topping spray and extra Thin Mint Cookies
*You can substitute oreo cookies (and leave in the filling) but add 1/4 cup sugar and
6 tbsp. butter melted. You could also use an off brand Fudge Mint cookies, but remove 4 of the cookies for this recipe. (And by remove, I mean eat em!)
- Lightly spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender pulse the entire package of thin mint cookies until fine crumbs.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. This will take a little bit of patience because but spread them evenly along the bottom, Press them down with the back of a spatula.
- In the same bowl (less dishes!) you used to make the crust, put in the cream cheese. Using hand mixers, mix the cream cheese for about 3-4 minutes or until very creamy. Slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk and continue to mix with the hand mixers for another 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula scrape down the sides and continue to mix for another minute.
- Visit Frozen Thin Mint Cheesecake @ chelseasmessyapron.com for full instructions.