yield: 2 dozen cookies
1 and 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened but not liquified
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup *full-fat Greek yogurt
2 1/2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
*This recipe requires Full-Fat Greek Yogurt. Non-fat and low-fat varieties will not yield the same results.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the flours, baking soda, and salt; whisk well to combine; set aside.
- In the body of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a handheld electric beater, beat the coconut oil, sugars, and vanilla on medium-speed until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and scraping down the sides as necessary. Add in the Greek yogurt, beating just until incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the dry ingredients, beating just until combined.
- Turn the mixer off and stir in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Visit Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies @ bakerbynature.com for full instructions.