3/4 cup oat flour regular oats blended in a blender
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup quick oats
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg*
4 tablespoons brown sugar lightly packed
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
*Make sure you have a large egg not a medium-sized! I highly recommend organic eggs because they are a little larger and yield a better overall flavor.
- Take regular old fashioned oats or quick oats and blend them until they resemble a flour or powder in a blender or food processor.
- If you don’t have quick oats, pulse old fashioned oats a few times in a blender or food processor until they resemble quick oats.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the oat flour (measured after blending NOT before), old-fashioned oats, quick oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the vanilla extract, large egg, and brown sugar. Melt the coconut oil and let it cool slightly before adding to the bowl (Make sure to measure the coconut oil in it’s liquid state). Stir until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Visit The BEST Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate-chip Cookies @ chelseasmessyapron.com for full instructions.