Servings: 3 -4
1 pkg. active dry yeast, 2 ¼ teas.
¼ cup warm water, about 100 degrees
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 tablespoon butter, melted
¼ cup + 1 teaspoon sugar
3 ½ -4 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat milk to 180 degrees n a pot on the stove or microwave safe bowl or measuring cup in the microwave.
- Remove the milk from heat and add the butter. Let cool to 120 degrees.
- Dissolve yeast with 1 teaspoon sugar in the warm water.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a stand mixer bowl add the yeast, milk, sugar, salt and 1 cup flour.
- Combine with whisk or paddle attachment.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- Add 2 more cups of flour one at a time scraping down the sides and mixing after each addition.
- Change to dough hook and add flour ½ cup at a time on low speed until dough forms and pulls away from the sides.
- Knead the dough with the dough hook on medium until the dough is smooth, 3-4 minutes.
- Visit Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls with Cinnamon Butter @ findingzest.com for full instructions.