1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
eggs, oil and water according to cake mix package
1/2 cup butter melted
8 ounces cream cheese softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9″x13″ pan with cooking spray.
- Place the pecans and coconut in an even layer in the bottom of the pan.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions and pour the cake batter over the coconut and pecans.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth. Add the butter and beat until combined.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Visit Earthquake Cake @ dinneratthezoo.com for full instructions.