This dough also makes excellent cinnamon rolls. The recipe is large enough that you can do 24 rolls and 20-24 cinnamon rolls if you play your cards right.
3 cups warm water
2 tbsp + 1½ tsp yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 /4 cup butter, melted
¼ cup milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tbsp + ¼ tsp salt
10 cups all-purpose flour
⅔ cup sugar
¼ cup shortening
- Add yeast and sugar to warm water and let sit for 3-5 minutes
- Add melted butter (cooled), milk, eggs and salt to yeast mixture
- In a large bowl combine flour and sugar. Stir until combined
- Using your hand crumble shortening into flour until it is barely noticable
- Pour liquid yeast mixture into flour mixture
- Using a large wooden spoon, stir until well combined.
- Visit Lunch Lady Cafeteria Rolls @ reallifedinner.com for full instructions.