Yields 20 servings
For the crust
2 and 1/2 cups fudge filled cookie crumbs about 30 sandwich cookies
6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the filling
24 ounces cream cheese softened
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups Nutella
4 large eggs lightly beaten
For the glaze
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup heavy cream
Make the crust
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350ºF. Wrap the outer bottom of a 9-inch springform pan tightly with aluminum foil. Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and about 2-inches up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the filling.
Make the filling
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese, heavy cream, and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add the vanilla and salt, beat on low speed until smooth. Add the Nutella and beat until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Using a silicone spatula, gently stir in the eggs just until combined.
- Pour the batter over the crust in the prepared pan. Place the cheesecake inside a roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan. (Alternatively, you can place the roasting pan filled with water on the lower rack of the oven.)
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, leave the cheesecake in the water bath in the oven for another hour. The outer edges of the cheesecake should feel firm to the touch while the center remains jiggly.
- Visit Nutella Cheesecake @ bakedbyanintrovert.com for full instructions.