Servings: 12 servings
1 cup butter softened
3¼ cups cake flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2½ cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs room temperature
1¼ cups milk I used whole milk
1 cup butter divided
2 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
6 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Spray three 8-inch pans generously with baking spray and flour. Cut circles of parchment paper or wax paper to fit pans and place one in the bottom of each pan.
- Combine cake flour, baking powder, and salt together; set aside.
- (If you are using the extra fine cake flour you won’t need to sift the flour, if not put the flour, baking powder and salt through a sifter.)
- Beat butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and then eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately in 3 batches, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake until golden, 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes; invert cakes onto a cooling rack; let cool completely.
- Visit The Best Caramel Cake @ yourhomebasedmom.com for full instructions.