For the Cookie Layer:
⅔ cup creamy almond butter
¼ cup refined coconut oil, melted and cooled*
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup fine blanched almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
¼ tsp baking soda
⅛ tsp sea salt
½ cup chocolate chips (dairy & soy free) or chopped dark chocolate, divided
For the Vanilla Cheesecake Layer:
2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours (or overnight), rinsed well and gently dried with paper towel
¼ cup refined coconut oil, soft but solid
½ cup pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
1 small can coconut cream, chilled overnight (about ⅔-3/4 cup)
1 tbsp pure maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
¼ tsp vanilla
extra chocolate chips if desired
For the Chocolate Glaze**
¼ cup refined coconut oil
2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
First, make the chocolate chip cookie layer:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8” springform pan with parchment just on the bottom, or line a regular 8 inch pan with parchment on the bottom and sides
- Whisk together the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until very smooth. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet and stir until a dough forms. Chill the dough if very sticky for about 5 minutes, then stir in ⅓ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Press into the bottom of the pan, then add the remaining chocolate chips on top and press in. bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes (place the pan on a baking sheet in case of leaking if you’re using a springform pan) or until center is just barely set. To keep the crust chewy it’s essential not to over-bake (under-baking just a bit is okay, since the cake will be stored chilled)
- After removing from oven, cool on wire rack in the pan.
To Make the Cheesecake:
- While the cookie layer cools, make the vanilla cheesecake layer. Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor, and process/blend on high for several minutes, scraping the sides as needed, until a thick creamy mixture forms.
- Pour the cashew mixture over the cooled crust (or mostly cooled) and scrape the sides of the blender to use up all of it. Now it’s time for the cake to set. If you are in a hurry, you can set the cake in the freezer by covering and freezing for about 2 hours. To serve, allow the cake to thaw in the fridge for a nice creamy consistency.
- Visit Chocolate Chip Cookie Vanilla Cheesecake (Paleo & Vegan) @ paleorunningmomma.com for full instructions.