Mongolian beef is a dish usually served in Chinese-American restaurants consisting of sliced beef, typically a flank or flat-iron steak, and stir-fried with vegetables (usually green onions) in a savory brown sauce, usually made with soy sauce, and chili peppers.
Mongolian Beef Ingredients:
2 t vegetable oil
½ t. minced ginger
1 T chopped garlic
½ cup (low sodium) soy sauce
½ cup water
¾ cup dark brown sugar
1 c vegetable oil
1 pound flank (or flat iron) steak
¼ c corn starch
2 large green onions
- Pour 2 teaspoons of oil into a medium saucepan over medium/low heat.
- Add minced garlic and ginger stirring with a whisk.
- Add the soy sauce and water.
- Dissolve the brown sugar into the liquid and bring to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- The sauce will still be fairly runny when it’s done boiling, that’s ok.
- Get full instructions on Coupon Cravings (link here).